Sometimes all you need is a good sandwich, and Park Bench Deli will satisfy that craving…and more. With a tagline like "bold sandwiches, made with swagger" you can expect more than just a "good" sandwich but possibly the best sandwich ever!
Recreating timeless classics and incorporating favourite local flavours into sandwiches, renowned Chef Ming Tan of Lolla, Chef Andrei Soen of The Cajun Kings and management guru Aamir Ghani brings over-the-top creations to bottomless pits some of us call stomachs - and frankly speaking, we couldn't be happier.
The grilled cheese sandwich recipe
The Frenchee fanatics at Park Bench Deli highly recommend dipping these deep-fried sandwiches in ketchup! Here is what you need:
- 1.5 sleeves Ritz Cracker (50 crackers), pulsed in food processor to coarse crumbs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices of white sandwich bread
- 6 slices of cheese (American, or any cheese is fine)
- 3-4 quarts of vegetable oil
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread cracker crumbs in shallow dish.
- Whisk milk and eggs together in a medium bowl.
- Spread mayonnaise on 1 side of each slice bread.
- Arrange 1 1/2 slices of cheese on 4 slices of bread and top with remaining 4 slices of bread, mayonnaise side facing cheese.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally into quarters.
- One at a time, dip sandwich quarters into egg mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs, pressing to adhere. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Pour oil into large dutch oven until it measures about 2 inch deep.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees over medium high heat.
- Fry half of chilled sandwich quarters until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with remaining sandwich quarters.
Ready to grub! Don't forget to add the ketchup, you won't regret it. Thanks to Park Bench Deli for the recipe!
Don't have time to make this right now? Order from Park Bench Deli right to your door on Deliveroo now.