We are on the hunt to find Singapore's best home-baked Pineapple Tarts! The winning baker will win $888 and get a share of the profits when their pineapple tarts are sold exclusively on Deliveroo for Chinese New Year.
Think yours or your auntie's friend's cousin's pineapple tarts are the best in Singapore? Let's find out! We've gathered a panel of judges including some of the best chefs and food connoisseurs to make a decision once and for all.
All you need to do is drop off a sealed box of your pineapple tarts at these locations by 22nd Jan for a chance to win.
AKA Asia, 3 Pickering Street, #01-60 Nankin Row, Singapore 048660 (Weekdays only, 9:00 AM -6:30 PM)
Deliveroo Editions, 332 Tanjong Katong Rd, Singapore 437107 (Weekdays and Weekends, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
Each sealed container must be clearly labelled with your name, email address and phone number.
So what are you waiting for? Let the bake-off commence!
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry for the promotion.
- The promotion commences at 12:00pm on 15 January 2018 and closes at 12:00pm on 22 January 2018 (Promotion Period).
- The prize is SGD 888 in cash awarded a week after the end of the Promotion Period. The winner will also receive a percentage of the sales of the Ong Lai during the Sales Period as per Deliveroo's Restaurant Agreement.
- Each entrant who is 18+ years of age and resident in Singapore (Eligible Entrant) who bakes Ong Lai is eligible to enter into the draw to win the Prize. The Promoter will be giving away 1 Prize at the end of the promotion period. Eligible Entrants may submit one entry only and are eligible to win one Prize only during the Promotion Period. Multiple entries are not permitted. Acceptance of the Prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Each entrant is to drop off their homemade pineapple tarts for judging in a sealed container with a minimum of 10 pieces of pineapple tarts between 16 – 22 January 2018 at any of the locations below. The container to clearly note entrant's full name, contact number and email. Store bought tarts will not be permitted.
- 16th to 19th Jan and 22nd Jan (weekdays only) AKA Asia, 3 Pickering Street, #01-60 Nankin Row, Singapore 048660 (9:00 AM -6:30 PM)
- 16th to 22nd Jan (weekdays and weekends) Deliveroo Editions, 332 Tanjong Katong Rd, Singapore 437107 (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- The promoter is Deliveroo Singapore Pte Ltd of A101 Tg Pagar Rd, Singapore 088522 (Promoter).
- Eligible entrants exclude:
- Employees, directors, management, licensees and contractors of the Promoter, its related companies and agencies associated with the Promotion;
- the immediate family of the above listed persons; and
- any suppliers to the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The winner will be chosen at 6:00pm on 23 January 2018 at Deliveroo Singapore Pte Ltd of A101 Tg Pagar Rd, Singapore 088522. The winners will be determined by four judges who will review all eligible entries.
- The winner will be contacted by email or phone on 24 January 2018 by 12.00pm following the Judging Period. The winners are responsible for monitoring and answering their email and must reply within 24 hours to claim their prize and will be required to share their winning pineapple tart recipe immediately with Deliveroo Singapore Pte Ltd for production.
- The winner to allow Deliveroo Singapore Pte Ltd to feature him/her in their marketing and communications materials.
- If a winner is under 18 years of age, before they can claim the Prize they must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian to do so.
- Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner (or their companion(s)) is unable to use the Prize (or any part of the Prize) as stated. Any part of a Prize that cannot be taken as stated will be forfeited. The Prize is not transferable to another person (unless agreed by the Promoter) and cannot be exchanged for other goods and services or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written direction given under applicable law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request a winner to provide proof of identity, age and place of residency in order to claim the Prize. Proof of identification, age, and residency considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions of entry, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter and its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any Prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 15 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt, third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of a winner being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions of entry or forfeiting or not claiming a Prize. The Promoter will use all reasonable efforts to contact the winner by email or phone by 12.00pm on 24 January 2018. However, if a winner remains uncontactable at 12:00pm the day immediately after that winner was contacted, their Prize will be considered forfeited. For any Prize that remains unclaimed or forfeited (through ineligibility or otherwise) as at 12:00pm on the day immediately following the date of the winner was contacted, the Promoter will choose the next runner-up from the Judging Period held on 23 January at 6:00pm , subject to any written direction given under applicable law.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in force in Singapore.